Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Four / 52

Oh, hello.  Sorry for the radio silence.

We have this floral vine/bush outside of our house.  I believe it's called a Clematis plant.  Not really sure.  I do know that I love this bush.  Even before it blooms it's really green and lush.  Our whole backyard is like this.  Our landlords did a great job picking out plants and flowers.  Come August, it's seriously like a jungle.  There are flowers I've never seen before that bloom.  Sadly, no peonies.  But, the park down the street literally has 100 of them.  They are almost all in full bloom.  I've been on a full time peony watch for the last few weeks now.  But anyways, this is the pretty vine/bush.


It was getting a bit overgrown.  We couldn't back the cars out of the driveway without hitting it.  Which was sad.  So, I trimmed it so we could fit through without hitting the bush.  If you've ever really looked at vines they are crazy.  I would love to watch a time lapse video of these grow.  So, I finally pulled off enough so we could fit through the driveway.  I had this handful of beautiful greenery and couldn't even think of throwing it away.  So, I did what anyone else would do in this situation.  I made a garland and put it in our kitchen.


Ta-da!  This literally took me like 10 minutes to put together.  Because it is a vine it was super easy to get a few pieces to stay together.  The most difficult part was getting the garland to stay on the nails I put in the wall.  I love having the plants up high, because I don't have to worry about the boys getting into the plants.  So many plants are poisonous for animals and at the rate my dogs eat plants, grass, and just about anything else they can get their paws on.  I'm thinking we need to get some hanging plants for the kitchen.  Because, folks, this is so not permanent   It's terrible humid here and the poor thing has been hanging for less than 12 hours and already looks sad.  But it was totally fun.  If you want to really get crazy with a floral garland this is the way to go.  But for a free garland that will last you one day, go outside and find some greenery.  While you can probably do this with anything, I found the vines to be super easy to work with.  Now, go make some pretty garland!



No comments:

Post a Comment